Children of parents who are key workers
As the school prepares to close to pupils tomorrow, there will be a supervised study area available from Monday 23rd March from 9:00am – 3:00pm for those pupils in Years 8-10 who are children of parents who are key workers. Key workers are defined as those who are maintaining essential public services during the COVID-19 response who, without this supervised school service, would have to stay at home to supervise their children. Parents should inform our School Reception by telephone or email by 3:00pm on Friday 20th March if you wish for your child to use this facility on any day next week from Monday 23rd March to 27th March. This will allow us to plan for staff supervision.
For clarification, key workers include:
- Health and Social Care. This includes doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics, social workers, home carers and staff required to maintain our health and social care sector
- Education and childcare. This includes nursery and teaching staff, social workers and those specialist education professionals who will remain active during the Covid-19 response
- Public safety and national security. This includes civilians and officers in the police (including key contractors), Fire and Rescue Service, prison service and other national security roles
- Transport. This will include those keeping air, water, road and rail transport modes operating during the Covid-19 response
- Utilities and Communication. This includes staff needed for oil, gas, electricity and water (including sewage) and primary industry supplies, to continue during the Covid-19 response, as well as key staff in telecommunications, post and delivery, services and waste disposal
- Food and other necessary goods. This includes those involved in food production, processing, distribution and sale, as well as those essential to the provision of other key goods (e.g. hygiene, medical etc)
- Other workers essential to delivering key public services
- Key national and local government including those administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of the Covid-19 response
If you wish to avail of the study supervision service in school, when you email or telephone please state the category you represent.
Many thanks to all parents and family members who are working to protect all of us – we appreciate all that you are doing. Thank you.
Mrs J Lendrum