Association for Quality Education Press Release
2nd September 2020
Changes to the Dates and Timings of the AQE Common Entrance Assessments
- To take account of the Covid-19 Pandemic, the Board of the Association for Quality Education (AQE) would like to announce that it has been agreed that the AQE assessments will now take place on:
Saturday 9th January 2021;
Saturday 16th January 2021;
Saturday 23rd January 2021.
- The closing date for applications to enter the AQE assessments will be Friday, 9th October 2020
- The date of the issue of results to parents will be Saturday, 6th March 2021
- The Board of AQE acknowledges the diversity of views on the desirability of moving the dates of the assessment but is committed to work with the Minister of Education to provide the maximum possible teaching time for pupils.
- The Board has also decided to allow children an additional 10 minutes for each of the three papers. This will be an extra 30 minutes in total.
- The extra 10 minutes available for each paper will reassure the children that they will have sufficient time to finish the paper. For those children who are finished early, this time can be used to look over their paper and check their answers.
- The AQE Board wishes to express its thanks to all involved in this process for all their hard work during this difficult time.